Monday, September 16, 2013

Here at Last!

After saying a lot of VERY hard goodbyes, I finally left Fishers and drove out to Idaho on Wednesday morning and got here late Thursday night. I absolutely love it here! But before I get into all the details of what I've been up to out here, I have to fill you in on all the fun stuff I did before I left home.
So since everyone else in Fishers has been in school for a while, I had a lot of free time at home...and when I have a lot of free time, I guess I make stuff! Haha I made a baby cardigan for my Sunday School teacher, a canvas for Stirling's sister, Camden, who is having a little boy next month, and I made myself a little headband. Fun stuff, huh?
I also went to the Fishers vs. HSE football game and it was a pretty eventful game! Fishers and HSE are rivals, so the game is already a huge deal as it is (basically the whole town of Fishers is there), but there was a storm coming so the game was delayed. Twice. The first time we had to all go sit in the gym until it cleared up, and the second time they decided to reschedule the rest of the game for the next morning. Fishers ended up winning 51-31. Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!
On Labor Day, Stirling and I had our last big date before I left and went downtown to the Star Wars exhibit. Obviously that was more his thing than mine, but I still had a lot of fun! We also walked around downtown, went to lunch, and to Circle Center Mall. Later that week we made breakfast for our parents and his sister and brother-in-law. It was super fun and super tasty! (:
Now I'm sure most of you know that Idaho is VERY far away from Idaho. It's a 24 hour drive, so we took a little break in Minnesota to visit my "twin" Britney and her family. I also got to meet her boyfriend Drake and have dinner there. We laughed the ENTIRE time! It was great (:
Once I finally got here, I got to set up my apartment and I'm in love with everything about my apartment! It's super cute and my roommates are so awesome! Lauren was in my stake at home and we share a room, then we also have Alexa who is from Hawaii (so jealous), Elyse and Nahiomi who are both from Kentucky, and Haley who is from Colorado and just got engaged last week!! So exciting! So basically, I absolutely love it out here! It's gonna be hard to take care of myself, but my awesome mom stayed out here for a couple days and made a bunch of freezer meals for me, so that will be a HUGE help! (Thank you again mommy!) I also had church yesterday and there a TON of freshman girls in my ward. There aren't very many guys and most of the guys are returned missionaries haha. Then last night we watched 17 Miracles and Insidious, which are to verrrrry different movie. One makes you sad cry and one makes you cry in horror haha. Luckily we're all still alive! Today was my first day of classes and so far they all seem good! So I hope everyone in Fishers is doing well! I miss you all a ton!! Have a great week friends (:

No comments:

Post a Comment