Sunday, October 6, 2013

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! (Conference Time!)

This week really wasn't that eventful, but it was a good week (: I got a package in the mail from my sister and then the next day I had a present waiting from Lauren. And thank goodness! It snowed here this week! Too soon. Way too soon. Also, Hannah- I do not plan on gaining a freshman 15! But it was a nice thought (;
Then on Thursday, Lauren, Nahiomi, and I decided to take a quick trip to the temple before class. It was a bit of a sacrifice to wake up earlier than usual, but I can't complain because we have a temple 5 minutes away! What an amazing blessing! I love that I can start my day off like that and I love having roommates that help me become a better person every day. I have learned SO much from them already and I can't wait to keep learning from them this semester.
Also, thank you Bishop for posting this picture of the progress of the Indianapolis Temple! I can't wait to see it in person!
Now, for the highlight of my week. General Conference! This was just such a great weekend. My roommates and I pulled our beds out into the living room, had a sleepover, and watched conference together. After hearing the words of the Lord's prophets, I was reminded of exactly how inspired they are, and I'm not very good with words, so the only way I can explain how I feel about this weekend is by quoting Joseph Smith, the first modern day prophet. "And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives (exclamation mark)! For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father— That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God." -D&C 76:22-24

2 comments:

  1. Coley, this post brightened my morning! I'm so happy you are having such great experiences at school and are surrounded by so many great people. I love your GC sleepover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you are having a great time in Rexburg! It is fun to see what you have been up to, keep the posts coming! :)

    ReplyDelete