Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

Favorite thing #1: 
Cupcakes! We have had a lot of crap food in room 103 lately...first it was Lauren's birthday last Friday! (there's 2 more of my favorite things: Lauren and birthdays!) So I made red velvet cupcakes for her birthday and they were so tasty (: I can't take credit though cuz they were from a box...whatevs! Then this Wednesday I was having a really rough day and I was just super homesick and stuff and so I was going to bed early. So I was saying my prayers before bed and I asked for someone to reach out to me cuz I was feeling lonely and as soon as I finished someone knocked on the door and it was my friend John from church. He said he felt like we were just having a bad week so he thought he would bring us some cupcakes! I've felt a lot better since then. It just reminded me that Heavenly Father is always looking out for us even if we feel like we're on our own (:



Favorite thing #2: 
Running! Hahahahahahahahaha....ha...yeah kidding. I hope you all got a good laugh out of that one (; But there was a Glow Run 5k thing on Lauren's birthday so we decided to do it! Well...we walked the whole time but it was still fun! And really cold...another one of my favorite things (not). I'm pretty sure we came in last place...oh well! We had fun being really loud and annoying the whole time.


Favorite thing #3: 
Weddings! Last Saturday we went down to Idaho Falls to find Haley a wedding dress and we found one! I can't post it thought because that's top secret! (; But she looked so perfect in the dress and it was like in the movies where everyone just knew it was her dress (: I'm so excited for her to be marry Vincent. They are just so dang cute together!


Favorite thing #4: 
Puppies! Now don't get me wrong, I will always love kittens the most, but these puppies were precious! There was a family selling them in a parking lot and they were the most calm little puppies I had ever seen! Too bad we aren't allowed to have pets in our apartment. Plus they were a little over our budget...only $500.



Favorite thing #5: 
Holidays! Although Halloween isn't at the top of my Holiday list, I'll take what I can get! On Monday night we carved pumpkins for Family Home Evening and if you ask me, my pumpkin was pretty awesome (; Who knew pumpkins could be cannibals?? Well, now you know!


Favorite thing #6: 
Singing! As you know, we have Devotionals every Tuesday here at BYU-I and there is a special musical number at each Devotional. And since I'm in choir, we got to sing at Devotional this week! I was a little nervous because I'm not exactly in the greatest choir on campus, but it went so much better than I thought it would go! Here is a link to the Devotional. You can watch the whole Devotional if you'd like, but the musical number starts at 7:38. I also had quite the view from up on the stage!


Favorite thing #7:
Surprises! Specifically candy surprises (: Lauren is just the greatest roommate ever. I went to leave a note on her pillow before bed and right after I did that, I pulled down the sheets on my bed and there was candy waiting for me! So she beat me on that one (; Quick little shout-out to Lauren, she is seriously the sweetest person ever! She always knows how to make everyone smile and is such a great example. I just love her (:


Favorite thing #8:
Parties! Last night we got invited to go Roller Skating in Idaho Falls...dressed like we were from the 70's. I have to admit, I was not too thrilled about the 70's theme at first, but it ended up being really fun! I can finally say that I have more than 5 friends in Rexburg! Woohoo!! I also won the Roller Skating Limbo contest and got a free soda! Woohoo again! I have to say, we looked pretty groovy (;





Favorite thing #9:
Last, but definitely not least, the Rexburg Temple! I am so incredibly lucky to live 2 minutes away from a temple of the Lord.  On Thursday (the day after the bad day) I went to the temple in between classes and just walked around outside and read my patriarchal blessing. It's so amazing how you can feel the blessings from the temple without even going inside! I have felt SO much better since then (: I still miss home and it's still hard, but I know that everything is in Heavenly Father's hands and that He will only give me trials that I can handle so that I can become stronger and better than I am now. 



"Always have the temple in your sights."
-Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment