Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halfway There!

This week was the official midterm which means I'm halfway done! It seems like it's gone by so fast but so slow at the same time! I don't even know what to think honestly. Also, I apologize in advance, I don't have anything that interesting to post this week but I know my dad will be mad if I don't blog (; So last weekend this guy, Brooks, from the Bachelor came to Rexburg! Don't ask me why he came to Rexburg of all places, but he did. I never watched the show but Lauren and Nahiomi did and they said he was cute so I figured why not go? He was at this store right down the street and let me tell you, he is quite handsome! We met him and took pictures with him and then he kissed me! On the cheek...but still, I'd say that's a pretty big deal!


Also, Stirling's sister finally had her baby boy yesterday! I screamed when I got the news haha. It's just so crazy to me that someone I went to seminary with is married and has a baby now! And let me tell you, he is so CUTE!! I know Camden and David will be amazing parents and I seriously can't wait to meet little baby Will! I miss babies out here. I see them everywhere but I don't get to interact with them like I could at home. I mean I guess I could just go over and start talking to some girl's kid but that might freak her out a little...so I'm definitely looking forward to playing with kids again when I get home (especially Will) (;

As some of you may have gathered from my recent tweets and instagram posts, I still miss home a little bit haha. Don't get me wrong, this is an amazing school and I do love it here, I just wish it wasn't so dang far away! It also doesn't help that we don't get a fall break...oh well. I'm just used to knowing everyone I see and just being comfortable in Fishers, but it's just so unfamiliar here still which is completely new to me. And I'm also still adjusting to the whole "taking care of myself" thing. I have to do my own laundry, make my own decisions, pay the bill when I eat out, and make my own dinner (well, mostly...shout out to my mom who made me a bunch of freezer meals before she left!) So I've had to do a lot of praying to get used to all of this, and I've definitely been blessed with a lot of people to help me out. My roommates are amazing and my FHE brothers are always there and even my Bishop from home called to check up on me, which was exactly what I needed that day. Bishop Jensen is honestly the most inspired man I know. He is SO in-tune with the Spirit and I hope I can be as great as him one day. So if any of you are struggling right now, these two quotes always have help me push through it when I'm having a rough time. Just keep on praying and I promise it will get better! It always does (:

Harry Potter nerd coming out here...don't mind the fact that I spelled Dumbledore wrong...oops!

I miss this song every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment