Monday, November 11, 2013

Surprise!!!

Before if go into all the details about my fantastical weekend, I just have to mention that it snowed again in Rexburg! Except this time it actually stuck to the ground. And here's how I felt about that...


Next, on Wednesday my dad called me at 6:30am Idaho time with a crazy idea. He found a flight from Salt Lake City to Milwaukee and wanted to know if I could miss my Friday classes to come out for the BYU vs Wisconsin football game. I hesitantly decided I guess I could skip class... (; But I had to keep it a secret. So Thursday night I drove down to Logan, UT and spent the night with my grandparents so that I could make it to my 7:20 flight in Salt Lake and they told me that they were also surprising everyone by going to Wisconsin, but I couldn't tell anyone. SO MANY SECRETS! Well I can't get the video of the surprise to upload...so I'll just try to tell you all how it went. Basically my mom was super confused for about 3 seconds and then just freaked out. Meanwhile, my brothers were running around the parking garage so they hadn't seen me yet. They ran around the corner and both just froze. Adam ran over and hugged me and Ben was still frozen. He stood there for a good minute trying to wrap his mind around what just happened. I think he's still a little bit confused (; So that was fun! Then we went to the mall and loaded up on Wisconsin gear for the game and I partied a little bit (;


That night we went out to dinner with my dad's brother and his family to have our traditional Friday night Fish Fry. It was delicious as always, and we had a blast as always! Later on the BYU football team also had a devotional and afterwards we got to meet some of the football players. My sister was quite disappointed to find out that one of the cute ones was married...and she told him too!


This is #3 Colby Pearson (not married). I called dibs (;

Saturday morning we went to the prettiest place in Madison, Picnic Point, and then to the best ice cream shop in America- Babcock Hall. It was freezing outside, but I still enjoyed every bite of my Orange Custard Chocolate Chip (:




 

Finally it was game time! The Badgers did beat BYU 27-17! I would have been content with either team winning, but I am glad the Badgers won (:

Jared, Brooklyn, and Bella got to dance on the stage with Bucky during the tailgate

My dad's best friend growing up and his family were there too. I hadn't seen his daughter, Maddie, in probably 6 or 7 years! 

The sea of red in the Camp Randall Stadium

Finally, we went to church on Sunday morning and then had to say goodbye. I miss all the crazy little kids already! And the free Otis Spunkemeyer cookies from the hotel... (;

The lovely girls!

The handsome men!

And all the kids plus Grandma and Grandpa Norton (;




The lovely sunset in the Denver airport (:

I am SO grateful for the chance I had to see my family, especially because I might not see some of them again before I leave on my mission next year. I absolutely love Rexburg, but I definitely needed a break even if it was just for a couple of days. I love that even though we don't all see each other that often, as soon as we are together, it's like we never left. No matter what happens or where life takes you, family is always there!


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I've never clicked on your link! LOVE your blog. So excited for the chance I have to keep up with you and all you do. So excited that you are preparing for a mission. AWESOME. Love you.

    ReplyDelete