Monday, May 26, 2014

Life's What You Make It

So let's make it ROCK!

Sorry for the Hannah Montana reference...it just worked. Anyways, life has been pretty good lately! I kinda realized that if I want to have fun and be happy, I can't just sit around and wait for great things to happen to me, I have to put myself out there and just HAVE FUN! One of the biggest things I think we can learn to do is to create our own happiness.  Bad things are going to happen and there's really nothing we can do about it.  Life sucks sometimes! But we can still learn to find the good things in every day.  For me, I'm lucky enough to have a temple that I can see every day as I'm walking to classes and that is my little reminder that life is such a blessing! So even if you don't have a temple that you can see all the time, find something to be your little reminder of how blessed you are.  Maybe it's a little note in your car or a picture in your room or a CTR ring.  It doesn't matter what it is, just find something! Once you can start thinking of your blessings as much as, and then even more than, your problems and trials, life becomes so much sweeter! 

Anyways, that's my two cents on being happy. Now here are some of the things I did this week that made me happy!


On Thursday night, Lauren and I decided we'd done enough homework for the week (don't worry we finished it) and needed to just GET OUT. So we went to this little block party that a new apartment complex was having and it wasn't the most exciting party, but we made it fun! Plus, anything is more fun than homework, right?  We got to go on a limo ride around the block which was pretty sweet.



They also had a pretty awesome photo booth at the party so of course we had to take advantage because who doesn't want to go hiking/canoeing/camping in flippers?


I also totally conquered that rock wall, just saying... (;


So now for the real fun part. I promise I do love Rexburg and I'm not just trying to escape every weekend haha.  But we had a long weekend and I had to take advantage of the fact that half of my dad's family only lives 2 1/2 hours away!  And let me tell you, it was so worth the drive! I love my family so much! My grandpa is one of the most spiritual people I have ever met.  He knows so much about the gospel and is so close to the Savior.  And then my grandma is just the sweetest lady ever!  I swear it's physically impossible to be hungry when she's around, and she never complains about anything.  Whatever anyone asks her to do it, she'll do it with a smile.  I'm so blessed to have such amazing grandparents on both sides of my family!  I also got to spend time with my dad's sister, Dianna, and her family.  I love Dianna (aka Aunti Di). She's my dad's youngest sister and she is such an amazing example to me of someone who is strong, hard-working, loving, positive, and patient.  I always look forward to spending time with her, and it's even more fun now that she has to ADORABLE little girls that I get to play with. 

  
Lucy and Ruby are my little miracle cousins.  They were born about 2 months early, so it's extra special to get to see them grow and become happy, healthy big girls.  They have the most contagious laughs and sweetest smiles ever.  It's so fun to see how different twins can be.  


Lucy is very thoughtful and always wants to observe everything whether it's flowers, birds, sand, or your face.  She almost always has a very concentrated look on her face and it just cracks me up! I wish I could hear what she was thinking about sometimes.  


Miss Ruby is a little more carefree and loves to laugh.  She isn't quite as comfortable as Lucy when it comes to walking, so she always wanted to hold my finger when had somewhere to go.  Also, both girls love to cuddle with people and stuffed animals, which I think is the most adorable thing in the world.  There were a few moments where I just wanted to freeze time with those precious little girls.  Who needs school when you can play with babies all day??


Then today it was back to Idaho again, but I got to have a little more fun before I went all the way back to Rexburg.  We all drove up to Preston, ID (home of Napoleon Dynamite) where my grandparents grew up and we brought flowers to their parents' and grandparents' graves.  I only got to meet one of my great-grandparents on my dad's side of the family, but I'm so glad to know that families are forever and that I will get to meet all of my ancestors one day.




And finally, what's a trip to Preston without lunch at Big J's?


So that's basically how my week went! Every week has its ups and downs, but I'm just learning to focus on the good things and I'm so much happier when I do that.  I'm sure that's pretty much common sense, but it's so much easier said than done! So I'll just end with a little happy reminder (:





No comments:

Post a Comment