Tuesday, May 20, 2014

So Far So Great

Hey friends! So I've kinda sucked at blogging so far this semester...sorry! Actually the only people that probably care are my parents haha so sorry mom and dad! Life is busy. But it's a good busy. Usually...so anyways, here's what I've been up to!

I got my mission call a couple weeks ago! I'm going to Cali baby!! I've never been to California so I'm pretty pumped.  I did a separate blog post about my mission that you can read right here! I figured most of you have already heard plenty about it, but just in case anyone wanted to read about me going gaga over my mission, there ya go!



Also, I'm being more social this semester! Yay me!! (London Tipton anyone? No one? Ok.) Lauren and I got to go glow-in-the-dark shooting last week and let me tell you, I'd never been shooting before, and you could tell haha.  But that's ok, it was still super fun!

They gave me the headphones because every time someone shot a gun I nearly peed myself...
Also Lauren looked pretty legit with that gun.
Then last weekend Lauren and I decided to go on a little adventure so we went on a quick trip to Provo. I got some new clothes for my mission, which was super weird and made me feel really old, but it was nice to be able to go to the mall and find so many modest clothes! It was like the mecca of missionary clothes haha.  And I got a California shirt cuz I just couldn't say no (;

Obsessed? Maybe.
So then that night I got to see my luvah Kenz Hall and some other artists from her producing company perform at a concert to raise money for their Europe tour and holy dang they were all so good! You can check them out on YouTube right here. Go listen to them. Right now. And then buy Kenz's album, Hands On, on iTunes.  She was on American Idol and she's so flippin talented! She should have won, but even though she didn't, she's gonna go far in her music career.


Also we stayed with Lauren's cousin's family while we were in Provo and they had horses in their backyard! So a horse selfie was a must...


And we drove past the MTC which was super weird, but we couldn't get any good pictures because it's surrounded by big trees and it's all fenced off like a jail... We did get some pictures outside the Provo Temple though!


So that's basically all the interesting things I've done lately, but I also just have to say a little bit about a few people who have made my semester great.

1. My choir! 
I don't have any pictures of them right now, but I should soon.  I am so blessed to be a part of Collegiate Singers.  Every time I go to choir, my day gets a little bit better.  I love being in a choir where we can sing hymns and sound so beautiful at the same time!  I was so lucky to have Mr. Johnson as a high school choir teacher because he was so passionate about music and was never afraid to talk about his belief in God. So take that love for music and faith in God and apply that to every person in the group and you have my choir. It's pretty fantastic (:

2. Granticus!!
Oh my goodness I don't even know where to start with Grant. He FaceTimes me just about every day and never fails to crack me up and make me feel good about myself.  He has this amazing talent for making girls feel beautiful and I have always loved that about him. He has been such a blessing to me and my family and probably anyone who has ever talked to him. He's just one of those people that you never forget.

3. Nahiomi!! 
So I know she's not even here this semester, and I don't get to talk to her nearly as much as I would like to, but she still makes me smile every time I get to talk to her.  She's just such a sweetheart and I love her to death! I've only known her for less than a year but she's already made such a huge impact on my life.  She's such a great example to me and I hope I can be half as amazing as her one day. She's gonna be one of the best missionaries Chile has ever seen.  I think that's where the Lord is sending all His best missionaries right now because David Archuleta just got back from Chile and Jake Jensen is about to go there too. So be prepared to see some amazing things happening there. Anyways, Nahiomi is incredible. Plus her family is just the cutest thing I've ever seen and I haven't even actually met them but I love them so much.

4. LAUREN FREAKING BURNS. 
I love her so much.  I have no doubt in my mind that Heavenly Father put her in my life for a reason. The day I found out that I didn't get into BYU was pretty tragic, but within a few hours of finding out I didn't get in, I had this random thought to ask Lauren if she had a roommate yet.  And when I say random thought I mean straight up inspiration haha. Lauren and I went to church in the same building for like a year but we never really hung out, so there's no way I would have thought to live with Lauren on my own. That was all Heavenly Father. And boy am I glad I listened because she is just incredible! She's one of the greatest examples to me of someone who is constantly striving to be more like Christ.  She influences me to be a better person every day and I don't know what I would do without her.  Although it is kinda hard sometimes to live with someone who is so dang GORGEOUS. Ugh. But I guess we can't all look like a model...haha (;

So anyways, this semester has been going so much better than last semester, and even when I have my bad days, Heavenly Father always sends me someone or something to cheer me up.  I also think that going to the Temple to do baptisms every Thursday before classes is helping me to be closer to the Spirit and just happier all around.  I wish I took advantage of having a Temple so close last semester because it truly is such a blessing. This whole school is just such a blessing! Well I'm probably going on and on so I'll be done now, but here are some pictures of the beautiful place where I live.  I've kinda had this obsession with mountain sunsets and Rexburg clouds lately, so here ya go! Have a fantastic week!!




2 Nephi 2:25 - Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy

No comments:

Post a Comment